The AEM team is constantly surveying, processing or finalizing additions to our already large catalog of premium quality digital maps. Instead of continually having to buy new chips when new lakes of interest are released, existing AEM users are offered the option to upgrade their current chip for considerably less cost. Currently there are two options to accomplish this, described below.
Option A: Chip Swap
How it works:
- Bring your existing AEM chip to Anchor Marine, 1118 Chevrier Blvd (Winnipeg), 9:00-5:00 M-F
- Pay for your upgrade in store
- Swap your existing chip out for a new (current year) chip
Option B: Mailed Chip Replacement
How it works:
- Select the current chip that you own from the list below
- Select the chip that you wish to upgrade to
- Select upgrade method - mailed chip replacement
- Important: see mailed chip replacement info below
- Select "Add To Cart"
1. Mailed Chip Replacement
For customers who select this option, chips will be mailed via Canada Post. To qualify for a mailed chip replacement, you must DESTROY your current chip and provide photographic evidence. Three (3) photos are required:
- Photo #1: The front of your AEM Micro SD card. It will say Angler's Edge Mapping or AEM on it. If it does not say either of these, it is not an AEM Micro SD. Do not accidentally destroy your Navionics card! If you are uncertain, email us at email@example.com and we will get back to you ASAP. You should receive an auto-reply within a few minutes to acknowledge that we have received your email. If not, check your junk mail and add us to your safe senders list. Alternatively, insert the chip into your Lowrance sonar and verify you have identified the correct AEM chip.
- Photo #2: The back of your Micro SD card, where the serial number is located. Make sure your photo clearly shows the serial number.
- Photo #3: Break your Micro SD card in half. Take a photo of both halves of the chip, showing the back of the card (serial number). Ensure the halves are far enough apart so that we can verify the chip is broken, and that the photo is clear enough that we can verify the text on the chip.
- Email Photos #1-3: to firstname.lastname@example.org and we will get back to you ASAP. You should receive an auto-reply within a few minutes to acknowledge that we have received your email. If not, check your junk mail and add us to your safe senders list. In your email, please mention your upgrade order. Important: retain your broken Micro SD card in case we need another picture to verify that destruction is complete.
2. Data Backup
Users should back up any personal data residing on their AEM map chip prior to upgrading it. This may include Genesis Live map data, screenshots or anything else. Note: waypoints/routes/trails are stored on your Lowrance unit's internal memory, and not on your AEM chip (unless you have exported them to the chip for storage purposes).
3. Extended Warranty
Angler's Edge Mapping digital map SD Cards carry a one year limited warranty against SD card failure due to manufacturing defects. Following a chip upgrade, the warranty on the replacement chip will be extended for one year from the date of delivery, irrespective of original purchase date.